The Business Solutions Designer works as a senior member of a high performing service delivery team to elicit solution requirements and to provide quality/innovative solutions. The position works closely with all divisions of the business to create business process and information models, determine requirements and design efficient, integrated technology solutions.
The team is responsible for all run, change and transform the business activity for core applications and services: including Oracle eBusiness suite, Salesforce, and Fusion Middleware.
You will be accountable for:
- Ensuring that solution designs are robust, reflect solution requirements and align to architecture, strategy, policies and standards in line with the Enterprise Architecture
- Produces solution designs that are achievable within the constraints of time, cost and risk defined for a project or initiative
- Identifying opportunities to simplify the asset portfolio.
- Champions innovation within the business unit.
- Proactively contribute to the establishment and ongoing enforcement of quality standards across systems under control
- Stake holder engagement
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of IS Solutions
- Impact analysis of business and system solutions
- Management of changes to process, procedures and systems
- To maintain strong commercial supplier relationships
Essential knowledge, skill and experience requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Business Management.
- Proven experience and success in problem-solving and delivering appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in technologies underpinning the IT assets within the portfolio.
- Proven IT and business change management experience with an emphasis on providing of business and user focussed technology solutions.
- Good working knowledge of multi-tier / web services applications developed in a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience in all facets of the SDLC (system development life cycle).
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Business process re-engineering and process improvement experience.
- Applying sound IT Service Management practices, such as ITIL or DevOps.
- Extensive experience as a business analyst gained within an IT environment.
- Technical knowledge of system design, development techniques, IT infrastructure and database concepts.
- Advanced working knowledge of entity relationship modelling.
- Previously worked with Oracle eBusiness Suite, Fusion middleware, Salesforce and development tools.
Ideally you will have experience with a broad array of assets within the financial services industry and knowledge of financial products and digital systems.
Salary negotiable for the right skills and experience. This is an ASAP start in a twelve month rolling contract.