The Technology Manager has a critical role to improve the member experience and enterprise efficiency through the application of information technology and other technical services that facilitate productive solutions.
Sydney Inner West | Permanent
This is an opportunity to grow into a more senior role over time, possibly Head of Department.
The key responsibilities include-
- Managing the Technology & Analytics Team, which currently comprises an IT Support Office, Technology Analyst and Data Analyst.
- Understanding banking, payment systems, and the business technology needs into technical requirements.
- Designing, analysing and implementing efficient IT systems.
- Maintaining and enhancing, including (new functionality and/or regulatory mandates, existing systems;
- Gathering feedback from end users to continue improving systems by managing internal and external stakeholders; and
- Mange third party contractual relationships and outcomes.
The Technology Manager will report to and consult with the Head of Technology and Analytics to deliver to the enterprise’s performance and objectives.
You will be an assertive communicator but a tactful diplomat, problem solver, lateral thinker and analyser, with the ability to understand and respond to user needs in a rapidly changing business environment.
This role calls for leadership qualities to manage a small team of IT professionals to achieve high performance, consult and guide the organisation, and manage key technology project deliverables.
You will be accountable for –
- Technology Management
- Technical Architecture
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experiences in a similar role within a Mutual Bank or similar Customer Owned Bank.
- Technology life cycle experience (software and hardware development and maintenance)
- Highly competent technologist with knowledge of Microsoft desktop products, banking software, communications, and server technology
- Third party vendor management
- Cyber-security knowledge
- Project Management
- Experienced in a technology customer service environment
- IT technology related degree, or relevant tertiary diploma, or experience
- Banking regulations
- Core Banking Systems (CBS), ideally Ultradata or other similar CBS
- Digital Channels (Internet Banking, Mobile Application, Phone Banking Stores and Call Centre)Payments (NPP, OSKO, DE, Cards, etc) and switching experience (Cuscal, FISERV, etc)